Victim Services

As a crime victim in Pennsylvania, you have the right to receive basic information about services available to you. The agencies listed below may assist you and provide you with information:

University of Pittsburgh Sexual Assault Services Department of Aging
Pitt Student Health Services Life Solutions
Counseling Center at Pitt FTC ID Theft Information
University of Pittsburgh Association of Chaplaincies Mothers Against Drunk Driving
Alle-Kiski Area Hope Center Pittsburgh Action Against Rape
Victims Services Center Womens Center and Shelter
Children & Youth Services Crisis Center North
Childhelp Hotline

Pitt's Identity Theft Prevention and Protection Information

Internet Crime Complaint Center

Domestic Violence Victim Notice:

If you are the victim of domestic violence, you have the right to go to court and file a petition requesting an order for protection from domestic abuse pursuant to the Protection From Abuse Act (23 PA C.S. CH 61) which could include the following:

1. Order directing the abuser to leave your household.

2. Order preventing the abuser from entering your school, household, or place of employment.

3. Order awarding you or parent temporary custody of or temporary visitation with your child or children.

4. Order directing the abuser to pay support to you and the minor children if the abuser has legal obligation to do so.