Going home for the holidays is great, but did you remember to lock your apartment door? And if you frequently have packages delivered to your doorstep, did you put a stop on your deliveries? Failing to do just a couple things can be a clear sign to potential burglars that your place is ripe for the pickings.
Burglary Prevention Tips
- Hold mail through the post office while you're away.
- Secure the windows and doors of your home.
- Take valuables -- electronics, laptops, game consoles, jewelry, cash -- home with you.
- Notify a trusted neighbor.
Tips for Avoiding Porch Pirates
- Track your packages using tracking numbers and test/email notiifcations.
- Be available for delivery
- Requre a signature
- Choose in-store pickup
- Keep a security camera or doorbell camera pointed at your doorstep.